- Providing excellent customer service.
- To effectively and efficiently manage a personal caseload to ensure targets and services level agreements are met.
- Act as the first point of contact and ensure that every Policyholder is kept updated on a weekly basis.
- Effectively handle complaints
- Maintain a professional manner whilst liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and customers.
- Pursuing suppliers to ensure their compliance to company service level agreements.
- To manage claims and control cost responsibility in alignment with our insurers philosophy
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality while dealing with data and customer information.
- Making proactive decisions and handling claims in accordance with company service and standards.
- Promote customer use of TrackMyClaim in line with the Company’s aim of 40% take up.
- Provide required phone coverage as stipulated by your, or any other, Team Leader (or Deputy Team Leader).
- Prepare for personal development reviews and provide evidence of your successes.
- Progress and take control of your own personal development and training plan.
- Ask for support from your line manager where necessary in order to be able to complete objectives.
- Ensure the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are adhered to at all times.
- From time to time you will be expected to carry out other duties and special projects in addition to key tasks which are within your skills and capability.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates require GCSE’s or the equivalent
- Previous high level Customer Service experience
- Previous Insurance industry experience (Household) is highly desirable but not essential
- General building knowledge advantageous but not essential
- CII Qualified to Cert CII level – if individual is not qualified, it will be a contractual obligation to attain this within 18 months of joining Claims Consortium.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Complaint Handling skills
- Ability to remain focused during high volume periods
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organisation skills
Behaviour and Conduct:
As a firm, we believe all individuals should be customer service driven, with a real passion for working with people. By providing innovative solutions and being engaging, teams are motivated to achieve results and provide the excellent service Claims Consortium is recognised for. Individuals should be driven, approachable and also flexible to work the hour’s necessary and help other employees, in order to fulfil service needs.
Claims Consortium Integrity:
Claims Consortium works at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance, company policy and processes and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety, General Insurance Standards Council and Financial Conduct Authority Standards.