- Cover emergency works for our clients and their stakeholders.
- Provide phone cover for our out of hours service.
- Be aware of what emergencies could occur within a new build property; some of which could affect the daily routine of an individual in their own home.
- Provide the ability for the operations department to contact people outside of the normal working day.
- Ensure claims received out of the normal working hours are on the system and called within SLA’s.
- To promote the business to our clients.
- Ensure that emergencies are completed within the stipulated service level agreements.
- Maintain a consistent low level of complaints within the department.
- Ensure that calls are answered within the stipulated service level agreements.
- Ensure that all claims received out of hours are keyed on and action within the stipulated service level agreements.
- Knowledge of the internal systems and their interaction in the claims process.
- Knowledge of fraud principals and methods of prevention.
- Prepare for personal development reviews and provide evidence of your successes.
- Progress and take control of your own personal development and training plan.
- Ask for support from your line manager where necessary in order to be able to complete objectives.
- Ensure the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are adhered to at all times.
- From time to time you will be expected to carry out other duties and special projects in addition to key tasks which are within your skills and capability.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates require 5 or more GCSE’s (C Grade or above) including English and Maths or the equivalent
- Previous high level Customer Service experience
- Previous Insurance industry experience (Household) is highly desirable but not essential
- General building knowledge advantageous but not essential
- CII Qualified to Cert CII level – desirable but not essential
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Complaint Handling skills
- Ability to remain focused during high volume periods
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organisation skills
Hours of Work:
8:30am – 8:30pm (12-hour shift with 1 hour unpaid lunch break).
If your shift falls on a bank holiday weekend, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, you would work as normal as we are open 365 days a year.
Behaviour and Conduct:
As a firm, we believe all individuals should be customer service driven, with a real passion for working with people. By providing innovative solutions and being engaging, teams are motivated to achieve results and provide the excellent service Claims Consortium is recognised for. Individuals should be driven, approachable and also flexible to work the hour’s necessary and help other employees, in order to fulfil service needs.
Claims Consortium Integrity:
Claims Consortium works at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance, company policy and processes and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety, General Insurance Standards Council and Financial Conduct Authority Standards.