We are looking for a standout Claims Handler to join our Third Party Administration (TPA) team. The ideal candidate will be proactive and enthusiastic in their approach to delivering outstanding customer service. With your industry knowledge you will manage and settle a portfolio of insurance claims across home buyer protection, gadget and household.
Location: Newcastle Under Lyme or Taunton (Hybrid working available)
· To act as the first point of contact with policy holders wishing to make a claim under their home insurance
· Create a claims file; accurately logging comprehensive details of the claim.
· Handle claims queries in relation to policy cover, claims status, policy exclusions and excesses. Escalate more complex queries to team leaders.
· Where appropriate investigate claims to ensure payments are made only where coverage is established.
· Effectively handle all claims from registration to completion.
· Use a variety of communication approaches to build rapport and a positive relationship to help manage the customer predicament and deliver the right outcome.
· Proactively identify opportunities to develop internal systems and processes and, where appropriate, reduce costs whilst ensuring we deliver a quality, customer focused service to our policy holders
· Ensure compliance with Financial Conduct Authority and Data Protection Act protocols and rules.
· Manage customer complaints proactively; including difficult and complex cases, referring where necessary to Team Leader or Technical Specialist, and issuing Final Response Letters where appropriate.
· To ensure the accuracy of reserves, file status and diaries.
· Identify and report any concerns in relation to potential fraud or instances of identified fraud; take action as appropriate.