Location: South East
- Managing a caseload of losses from post triage to closure (evidencing cost control and excellent customer service)
- Managing claims to encourage excellent customer outcomes and reducing customer detriment.
- Negotiating large settlements with policyholders on complex claims.
- Using technology such as scoping tools/ video technology.
- Report writing – Comfortable writing and reviewing detailed reports including repudiations and handling complaints.
- Identifying recovery/ contribution/ fraud and underwriting concerns and feeding this into the necessary areas.
- Assisting in managing and developing a small, experienced team of home based loss adjusters.
- Deputising for the Head of Adjusting where necessary.
- Department training including individual case studies/ accompanied visits for claims staff/ management.
- Completing 121’s/ accompanied visits with the team.
- Reviewing MI performance with a good standard of IT skills including Excel.
- Prioritising work – working with the CCA auditor to ensure audits/necessary checks are completed monthly.
- Complaint escalation– comfortable dealing with complaints and revisiting where required and understanding and adhering to the FOS guidelines and procedures.
- Innovation – reviewing processes to implement efficiencies/ necessary changes.
- Surge solution – being able to attend flood/ necessary flood areas when possible to assist policyholders.
- Flexibility with travel – complex claims will at times require travel if outside of the immediate area.
- Building relationships with other areas to promote the CCA team.
- Comfortable challenging suppliers where necessary and experienced dealing with complaints/ escalations.
- Authorising team members payments/ amending/ reviewing reserves where exceeding team members limits.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferably qualified or working towards a minimum of DIP CII/DIP CILA looking to progress towards ACILA (other experience would be considered but this is desirable)
- Team leader or other management experience would be helpful but the desire to lead is essential.
- Sound people management skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft products – Excel/ Word/ Scoping tools/ Video technology.
- Adaptable to change in a constant evolving department.
- Managing time effectively including booking appointments (no diary manager) and handling spikes of work during surge (prioritising work)
- Confident in making decisions and evidencing rational.
- Negotiation – strong negotiation skills in line with policy liability.
- Face to face interaction – Being approachable and comfortable delivering news to policyholders both face to face and over the phone including repudiations.
- Comfortable working alone but also a good team player.
- Comfortable handling high value losses.
- Works well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- A positive attitude.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent