In the role of a Quality Assurance Specialist, you will be responsible for auditing the Company’s processes to ensure the business meets its strategic aims of quality and compliance. You will conduct quality checks on live and closed claims providing coaching and development support to claims handlers and reporting your findings at various levels of leadership (From Team Leader to Claims Director) You will be able to suggest changes to normal processes that will benefit the business and assist in better ways of working.
- Conduct internal audits (electronic and file-based) to asses and provide independent assurance that the claim risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively and in line with client procedures and processes. The quantity of audits must meet required contractual agreements.
- Prepare and present reports or MI that reflect the audit results
- Conduct follow up audits and monitor remedial action.
- Maintain open communication with management and auditees and provide feedback to individuals and leaders based on the results of your audits.
- Conduct any client specific or thematic reviews or audit tasks requested by the Operations Manager.
- Conduct reviews of quality checks performed by the team leaders
- Assist in building claims handler confidence and competence in our processes and behaviours
- Recommend process changes that will benefit the department and wider business.
- From time to time you will be expected to carry out other duties and special projects in addition to key tasks which are within your skills and capability
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of the insurance claims function (predominantly property claims, domestic and commercial)
- Excellent technical knowledge including the ability to scrutinise schedules and estimates with a view to identifying leakage.
- The ability to identify root causes of failure/demand with a view to effectively managing principle risks and identifying opportunities GCSE’s or the equivalent
- Full Knowledge of FCA complaint handling protocols
- Extensive knowledge of conduct risk, PRIN, TCF, GDPR, financial crime and all other regulatory requirements.
- Extensive end to end knowledge of Third Party Administration particularly around effective management of claims costs and clients funds
- Ability to discuss claims in depth and provide detailed updates as/when required
- Experience of working in an internal quality assurance or audit role within the Insurance sector (extensive property claims knowledge is essential)
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply multiple client processes and philosophies
- Astute Commercial awareness of the insurance industry
- Buildings construction knowledge
- 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Beach day – enjoy an extra day off in the Summer!
- Parking onsite – depending on location.
- Have your birthday off!
- Discounts on local restaurants and gym memberships!
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm. Flexibility may be required.