With three different elements to the Operations team you may be selected to work within the End to End division, where you will effectively support the policyholder and both Surveyor and Contractor networks. Or within Validations, where you will handle a combination of manual and automated claims. There is also the opportunity to work within the Repair team, who look to resolve cases by promptly supervising contractor activity, ensuring all claims progress through to completion.
The ideal candidate will have previous insurance industry experience, ideally household. With a good understanding of fraud and recovery processes. The ability to identify and manage claims leakage, build scopes, review estimates and settle claims.
Working Hours: x1 Daytime, 8am – 4.30pm or 9am – 5.30pm and x1 Lates, 11.30am – 8pm
Location: Culmhead, Taunton TA3
- Be responsible for a caseload of claims, be that within End to End, Repair or Validation.
- Provide coaching and support to network surveyors and contractors, and act as their key point of contact to advise them on policy queries and complaints handling as required.
- Use a variety of communication approaches to build rapport and a positive relationship to help manage the customer predicament and deliver the right outcome.
- Proactively identify opportunities to develop internal systems and processes and, where appropriate, reduce costs whilst ensuring we deliver a quality, customer focused service to our policy holders.
- Proactively handle your case load through the validation and or repair process, reducing failure demand and complaints by your ability to pursue suppliers and ensure keep customers are kept updated ahead of any issues arising
- Settle claims that have not been settled on site by the surveyor by using your knowledge of scoping and effective negotiation skills with the customer
- Review and approve contractor variations or estimates from third party suppliers during the validation and repair processes
Skills and Experience:
- Complaint handling skills including ability to log, resolve and handle up to CEO level complaints
- Ability to work alone when handling claims with minimal guidance or supervision
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and full adherence to GDPR
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines and remain focussed during high volume periods
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organisation skills, the work will involve a large caseload across multiple clients so ability to prioritise and stay focused is essential