This role primarily exists to support the development of the subsidence product by proactive enhancement of field operations/processes and ensuring the quality of all subsidence suppliers is to the highest standard. You will have extensive experience dealing with subsidence claims and previous experience of building strong working relationships.
An important part of the role is to assist with any site visits required and to manage escalated claims in the field and provide office assistance where required. The Subsidence Specialist (field-based) is accountable for assisting in the progression of subsidence claims and as such, is a pivotal member of the Professional Services department.
Location: Culmhead, Taunton or Cardiff
· Home based and working with our network of surveyors/engineers, suppliers and internal staff to support the growth and continued success of the Subsidence product.
· Work closely with the Head of Surveyor management to ensure our surveyor network are adequately resourced, trained and competent to undertake subsidence surveys.
· Work closely with our Head of Supplier Management to ensure our supplier network is adequately resourced to service our clients, are adequately trained and competent to undertake subsidence.
· To undertake quality review of surveyor compliance to process and quality/performance through audit, coaching and production and delivery of bespoke workshops as necessary.
· To take ownership for and manage all technical aspects of any escalated claims necessary to progress a claim to conclusion.
· To ensure sufficiently detailed and accurate reports are submitted at all times by the network
· To motivate and help develop the subsidence suppliers (surveyor/engineers and specialist contractors) lead by example and be able to demonstrate engagement of the network.
· Be a key part in the building of excellent client and supplier relationships
· To complete regular process and WIP reviews with the team and to manage resulting issues.
· To be involved in the review and understanding of MI reports and to assist with the improvements where required.
· To take a lead role to ensure the network demonstrate compliance in terms of process and quality of works.
· To manage the technical aspect of any complaints in the field in accordance with the agreed escalation process.
· To support the Subsidence team in the progression of claims as required and provide technical direction.
· To manage the completion of all tasks within service level agreement timescales as specifically set by the client or the company.
· To proactively monitor own workload and prioritise action where required.
· To own the resolution of issues within own area of influence and encourage others to do the same.
· To work at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety, General Insurance Standards Council and Financial Conduct Authority standards.
· To act as Duty Manager on a rota shift basis.
· To undertake any other tasks in line with business needs, as reasonably requested by your line manager.
Location of Role: Office based with travel to various sites. Some travel to our Taunton office may also be required.
Working Conditions: Monday – Friday and flexible in line with business needs. The majority of your hours will be worked during core business hours.
Salary and Benefits: Dependent on experience