Responsible for the overall technical control and decision making on a portfolio of subsidence claims. This will involve making accurate and timely decisions (including signing off all subsidence reports and validations prior to issuing to clients) and producing project plans for all claims to achieve the optimum balance of cost, time and customer satisfaction. The role will also be key in the development of proactive processes in the Subsidence team, including the implementation into the business and staff training. This role is the technical point of referral for the Subsidence Team and will involve true innovative input to the future of the subsidence service.
Location: Remote in England
1. The role is to be the technical referral point for claims managed by the Claim manager.
2. To develop and train the Claim Managers and Administrator to competent Claim Management level, so that they can fully understand and run a subsidence claim from cradle to grave (including preparation of SI/Arb/CCTV/Monitoring/Arb instructions and their interpretation), with minimal support.
3. To take ownership for and manage all technical aspects of the subsidence claim management process.
3. To take the final decision on the accuracy of all validation reports and develop the project management plan for all valid claims, working closely with the Subsidence Claims Coordinators and Management Team.
4. To ensure sufficiently detailed and accurate reports are submitted at all times
5. To take ownership of the management of the technical elements of the process
6. To motivate and help develop the team and lead by example.
7. Be a key part in the building of excellent client and supplier relationships
8. To complete regular process and wip reviews with the team and to manage resulting issues.
9. To be involved in the review and understanding of MI reports and to assist with the improvements where required.
10. To ensure that the team comply with the process and best practice requirements, to demonstrate compliance.
11. To manage the technical aspect of any complaints in accordance with the agreed escalation process.
12. To manage the completion of all tasks within service level agreement timescales as specifically set by the client or the company.
13. To proactively monitor own workload and prioritise action where required.
14. To own the resolution of issues within own area of influence and encourage others to do the same.
15. To work with the Subsidence Management Team to design and deliver strategy and process developments, including training to staff as required
16. To be an active part of the Team
17. To understand and ‘live’ the PCUK Core Values.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Candidates require 5 or more GCSE’s (C Grade or above) including English and Maths.
Home-based with travel to various sites. Some travel to our Taunton office may also be required.
Monday – Friday and flexible in line with business needs. The majority of your hours will be worked during core business hours.