Location: South East
Working Conditions: Monday – Friday and flexible in line with business needs. The majority of your hours will be worked during core business hours.
- The role is to be the technical referral point for claims managed by the Claim manager.
- To develop and train the Claim Managers and Administrator to competent Claim Management level, so that they can fully understand and run a subsidence claim from cradle to grave (including preparation of SI/Arb/CCTV/Monitoring/Arb instructions and their interpretation), with minimal support.
- To take ownership for and manage all technical aspects of the subsidence claim management process.
- To take the final decision on the accuracy of all validation reports and develop the project management plan for all valid claims, working closely with the Subsidence Claims Coordinators and Management Team.
- To ensure sufficiently detailed and accurate reports are submitted at all times
- To take ownership of the management of the technical elements of the process
- To motivate and help develop the team and lead by example.
- Be a key part in the building of excellent client and supplier relationships
- To complete regular process and wip reviews with the team and to manage resulting issues.
- To be involved in the review and understanding of MI reports and to assist with the improvements where required.
- To ensure that the team comply with the process and best practice requirements, to demonstrate compliance.
- To manage the technical aspect of any complaints in accordance with the agreed escalation process.
- To manage the completion of all tasks within service level agreement timescales as specifically set by the client or the company.
- To proactively monitor own workload and prioritise action where required.
- To own the resolution of issues within own area of influence and encourage others to do the same.
- To work with the Subsidence Management Team to design and deliver strategy and process developments, including training to staff as required
- To be an active part of the Team
- To understand and ‘live’ the PCUK Core Values.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Candidates require 5 or more GCSE’s (C Grade or above) including English and Maths.
- Previous high level Customer Service experience
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience of the principals involved in the construction, repair and maintenance of domestic buildings is essential, within the subsidence area.
- General building knowledge advantageous but not essential
- CII Qualified to Cert CII level – highly desirable but not essential.
- Good customer service skills and previous experience
- Negotiation skills
- Complaint resolution skills
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Complaint Handling skills
- Ability to remain focused during high volume periods
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills