Location: Taunton, TA3 / will consider other locations for the right candidate
- Speaking and communicating with customers in order to understand their claim, plan and coordinate.
- Carrying out in-depth and meaningful triage calls to customer on the outset of the claim, to direct the correct resource.
- Liaise with relevant surveyor and suppliers (where applicable) to ensure we have accurate details and progress the claim in a timely manner.
- Making informed decisions – e.g. who to send out to visit the customer to assist with their claim.
- Understanding exactly what we need from the visiting surveyor (and/or supplier) to ensure that we receive the right information to progress the claim. Whilst also being able to book in a visit.
- Reading and understanding the different reports compiled by the surveyors and issue to relevant parties within agreed timescales.
- Setting and maintaining financial reserves.
- Logging and managing complaints in accordance with client requirements should they arise on a claim.
- Striving to receive a compliment on every claim and ensuring they are logged accurately whilst aiming to obtain positive online reviews.
- Awareness of fraud indicators and updating the relevant parties as appropriate.
- Investigating recoveries and potential fraud to submit to the client.
- Property claims insurance experience – essential.
- Some construction industry experience/knowledge would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills essential.
- CII qualified to Cert CII level – Working towards / Desirable.
- CILA qualified to Cert CILA level – desirable.