- To manage the selection, recruitment and training of new surveyors to enhance the network or replace individual surveyors
- To coach surveyors to a standard of excellence throughout the network, ensuring quality and consistency in reporting.
- Working with H&S to set the benchmark for safe working and compliant with current practice.
- To work with Business Standards to ensure that site checks and audits are completed in accordance with the programme.
- To ensure all targets are achieved.
- To maintain and develop relationships with internal and external staff.
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties.
- Ensure excellent communication with all surveyors by phone, email, and visits.
- Communicate to the network through email and specific bulletins and on behalf of other departments, and keeping surveyors updated with all changes.
- Regularly update & distribute the Client Matrix with all policy amendments and new clients.
- Maintain a professional manner while liaising with clients, suppliers, and customers.
- Assisting with complaint resolution and acting where appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality while dealing with data.
- To ensure that surveyors keep up to date with the relevant legislation and building methods.
- Achieve compliance with designated Key Performance Indicators and targets.
- Complete targeted site audits
- Ensure surveyor SLAs are within target
- Ensure complaints are below target
- Maintain a high level of company skill and knowledge around the construction of buildings and the affects (and causes) of damage.
- Ensure surveyor performance exceeds client requirements
- Ensure that all information give to Policyholders, Clients and Suppliers is accurate.
- Promote proactive settlement on site.
- Ensure all aspects of the claim are being dealt with following the correct procedures and guidelines.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and input ideas to the development process in a timely and clear way.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Detailed understanding of how claims validation decisions are made with regards to policy terms and how this is applied to the property claims
- Knowledge of how our clients react to situations.
- Knowledge of fraud principals and methods of prevention.
- Good understanding of building construction.
- Relevant professional qualification desirable
- Experience of the insurance claims market
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Extensive experience of building construction and repair
- Considerable experience of validation and fulfilment process
- Extensive prior experience of buildings through working on site and/or relevant building qualification